Three different police agencies arrested 12 people in an investigation into illegal drug sales in Olean in mid-October.
The Olean Police Department's Street Crimes Unit teamed with the New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement and the Southern Tier Regional Drug Task Force to make the arrests. Officers conducted controlled drug buys involving the suspects, purchasing cocaine, heroin, suboxone and prescription pills. Officers presented those drugs to a grand jury as evidence, and arrest warrants were filed for at least 12 people.
The suspects were arrested between October 11 and October 19. They are all charged with varying counts and degrees of criminal sale of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a controlled substance. They include:
- Cheri Burtman, 35, of Olean
- Keith Funderburk, 28, of Buffalo
- Laurie Cornelius, 47, of Canton, Texas
- William Warren, 19, of Olean
- Justin Vreeland, 34, currently residing at Cattaraugus County Jail
- Curtis Ford, 25, currently residing at Wende Correctional Facility
- Maurice Arnold, 29, of Allegany
- Allen Singer, 21, of Olean
- Fallon Smith, 29, of Delevan
- Mahli Brophy, 24, of Portville
- Melinda Chase, 36, of Olean
- Donald Applewhite, 25, of Olean
Officers say more arrests are pending in the investigation. The suspects were taken to Cattaraugus County Jail until arraignment.