We're not the only ones looking for a special and delicious meal on Thanksgiving.
Mayor Bryon Brown and Friends of the Buffalo Animal Shelter announced a "Thanksgiving at the City of Buffalo Animal Shelter" for the City's homeless animals.
The event features a three-course, gourmet, pet-friendly meal. The meal will be prepared by Chef Malik Von Saint and served to the cats and dogs at the shelter at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, November 23.
The meal is sponsored by Panos, Thin Man Brewery, Sweetness 7 Cafe and Animal Outfitters.
The shelter is asking for donations from its wish list. It will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. to accept the donations and to process adoptions. Donations collected will directly benefit the cats and dogs at the City of Buffalo Animal Shelter.
"Thanksgiving is a good time for all of us to count our blessings and give thanks and this year I'm thankful to the many committed volunteers who support the Buffalo Animal Shelter," said Mayor Brown. "Bringing the joy of a pet-friendly feast to our City's homeless animals for Thanksgiving reflects the great appreciation our community has for our pets."
Buffalo Animal Shelter Wish List:
- Towels (especially bath sized and in any condition)
- Blankets (not stuffed comforters)
- Cat and kitten canned food only
- Dog and puppy canned food, especially ground/pate style
- Fleece material for cat making bed
- Small beds for cats and little dogs
- Cat litter, non clumping
- Laundry detergent (HE/High Efficiency liquid only)
- Dish soap
- "Kong" brand dog toys
- Cat toys
- Leashes and collars (please no Dollar Store brands, they break immediately and are unsafe)
- Cat and dog shampoo (all types)
- Wire crates, Vari Kennels and cat carriers, new or used in good condition
- Heating pads and hot water bottles
- "Pet Corrector" spray cans
- Pill pockets, cat and dog, any flavor or brand
- Puppy and kitten powdered formula (Esbilac/KMR)