Payless Shoesource will be closing a number of stores in western New York as the company plans to reorganize $385 million in debt.
Payless announced Tuesday plans to close 400 stores in the United States as part of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.
The five stores in western New York include:
- Eastern Hills Shopping Center, Williamsville, NY
- 5999 S Park Avenue, Hamburg, NY
- 301 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda, NY
- Aurora Village Sc, East Aurora, NY
- Eastgate Plaza, Williamsville, NY
The company will take an $80 million loan in order to help get out of bankruptcy.
The Kansas-based retailer has 4,400 locations spread across 30 nations and employs 22,000 associates.