wkbw_49278_Super7_658x90.png

Actions

Overnight fire destroys apartment in South Buffalo

Posted at 7:49 AM, Feb 16, 2017
and last updated 2017-02-16 07:49:18-05

A South Buffalo apartment is destroyed after a bedroom fire spread, forcing everyone out of the surrounding units.

Fire started on the first floor of the Arbour Lane building about 3:00 a.m. Thursday.

This is right around the corner from Imperial Pizza on Abbot Road.

Firefighters found heavy smoke when they got to the scene.

"They're really nice buildings.  Fire is rare, but it could happen anywhere.  It's still under investigation," said Battalion Chief Lou Angrisano.

Firefighters say a space heater might have been involved.

No one was hurt.