We’re getting our first look at what’s in store this summer for Buffalo’s Outer Harbor. Today Erie Canal Harbor Development Corportation (ECHDC) and the Outer Harbor Management Group (OHMG) announced 2017 activities.
Daily activities, fitness, food, and drinks are all part of the fun planned for Buffalo’s Outer Harbor.
"The Outer Harbor is growing in popularity because it offers the perfect combination of things to do and places to get away from it all," said ECHDC Chairman Robert Gioia. "Fireworks to light the sky, exercise to make your heart race, activities for all the age groups and food for every appetite- it's all on the menu this summer at the Outer Harbor."
This summer offers something to do for the whole family:
- Kayaking and paddle boarding with Longboards Paddle Co.
- Biking on the Surrey Bike and trike bikes for kids
- New fitness classes from the YMCA thanks to Independent Health
- Giant checkers and spike ball are just some of the fun new games to play in our Consumer’s Beverages Beer Garden
Information on all fitness and equipment rentals can also be found here or on Outer Harbor’s social media accounts.
Also in the works for the 2017 season are the following events you’ll want to mark on your calendar:
- Chase the Sun Yoga Festival on June 17th
- Buffalo Galbani Italian Festival July 13th-16th
- 2nd Annual Thunder at the Outer Harbor on July 22nd and 23rd
- Astronomy Night on June 2nd and July 28th
- Puppy Play Date at the Pointe on June 25th and July 23rd
- Jack Craft Fair on August 19th
Irish Festival August 25th -27th