Orchard Park Police has a new Prescription Pharmaceutical Drug Drop Container for citizens to safely dispose of unwanted or unused medication.
The Drop Off Container is located at 4295 South Buffalo Street and will be opened 24 hours a day.
Police say the location is under constant video surveillance and will be checked daily by a member of OP Police to process the unwanted or outdated prescriptions.
The prescription items accepted in these containers include:
- prescription medication - up to ten bottles
- prescription patches - up to two boxes
- prescription ointments - not leaking
- any prescriptions for family members
- physicians samples of prescriptions
The prescription items not accepted in these containers include:
- needles or thermometers
- over-the-counter medication
- inhalers or any aerosol container
- hydrogen peroxide
- ointments, lotions or liquids
- any medication from any business or clinic