BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) - Nine senior and community centers will serve as a warming center on Friday, January 5th through Saturday, January 6th.
Here's a list of centers in the City of Buffalo:
1. The Dorothy J. Collier Community Center, 118 East Utica Street, Buffalo, N.Y 14209
Hours: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
2. The Old First Ward Community Center, 62 Republic Street, Buffalo, N.Y. 14204
Hours: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday thru Friday.
3. North Buffalo Community Center, 203 Saunders Road, Buffalo, N.Y. 14216
Hours: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm – Monday thru Friday, Saturday 10:00am to 5:00 pm, Sunday, only if needed.
4. William – Emslie Family YMCA, 585 William Street, Buffalo, N.Y. 13206,
Hours: 6:00am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday.
5. West Side Community Services, 161 Vermont Street, Buffalo, N.Y.
Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm. Monday thru Friday.
6. Schiller Park Senior Center, 2057 Genesee Street, Buffalo, New York 14211
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm. Monday thru Friday.
7. The Belle Center, 104 Maryland Street, Buffalo, N.Y. 14201
Hours: 6:30am to 8:30pm. Monday thru Friday.
8. Richmond-Summer Senior Center, 337 Summer Street, Buffalo, N.Y. 14222
Hours: 8:00am to 3:00pm. Monday thru Friday.
9. Autumnwood Senior Center, 1800 Clinton Street, Buffalo, N.Y. 14206
Hours: 8:30 am to 3:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
"With dangerously cold weather in the forecast, we must take extra safety precautions because it’s simply unsafe for anyone to be outside for prolonged periods of time," said Mayor Brown. "This is why my administration has called for temporary warming centers to be established for those in need this weekend."
If you or someone you know is in need of shelter, call 311 to find the center nearest you.