Niagara Falls residents, heat relief is on the way!
City pools and parks will open Thursday due to extreme heat in the weather forecast and remain open through Labor Day.
Activities include arts and crafts, sports, water games and more.
Mayor Paul Dyster said, “Given the high temperatures forecasted for the end of the week, we are happy to open our parks and pools to our city’s youth as a way to help offset the heat and enjoy the outdoors. I encourage everyone to take advantage of the recreational programming which we are once again proud to offer and thank our Department of Parks and Public Works for helping to make it possible.”
The following parks will open Thursday with recreational activities and run Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. throughout the season:
- Norlock - Lockport Street and North Ave.
- Gill Creek - Niagara Street and Hyde Park Blvd.
- South Jr. - Portage Road and Ferry Ave.
- Liberty - Forest Avenue and 19th St.
- Gluck: 15th Street and South Ave.
The following pools will also open Thursday:
- 91st Street (Monday-Friday, 11 am-4 pm; Thursdays until 6 pm)
- Centre Court (Monday-Friday, 11 am-4 pm; Tuesdays until 6pm)
- Hyde Park Spray Pad (Monday-Friday, 11 am-4 pm)
- Hyde Park Pool will open in July due to maintenance.
Lunch is provided at all locations.
For more information please call the Department of Parks and Public Works 716-286-4840.
Not in Niagara Falls? Check out other places you can cool down across Western New York here.