Local non-profit organizations are hoping folks in a giving mood will participate in Giving Tuesday with the same zeal that shoppers participated in Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Businesses are joining in to help. In Niagara Falls, several restaurants are donating part of their Giving Tuesday sales to Community Missions of Niagara Frontier. Community Missions has been helping children and adults for more than 90 years. Last year, it gave more than 87,000 meals to people in need. Along with its food pantry and soup kitchen, it also provides clothing, shelter, youth services and recovery services.
The following restaurants are supporting Community Missions' cause on Giving Tuesday:
- Rainforest Cafe, 300 3rd Street, Niagara Falls
- TGI Friday's, 300 3rd Street, Niagara Falls
- Niagara American Grill, 443 Main Street, Niagara Falls
- Power City Eatery, 444 3rd Street, Niagara Falls
- Village Bake Shoppe, 417 Center Street, Lewiston
- Panera Bread, 1508 Military Road, Niagara Falls
Giving Tuesday was launched under the #GivingTuesday hashtag in 2012. Last year, its participants raised more than $100 million for charities across the country. You can find out more about the #GivingTuesday campaign here.