Niagara County is adding more permanent sites for residents to drop-off their unused pharmaceuticals.
Prescription drugs that are dropped off will be safely destroyed and converted into clean energy at no cost to Niagara County at an energy-from-waste facility.
Lawmakers hope the new addition of drop-off boxes will help prevent prescription drugs from contaminating water supplies and from landing in the wrong hands.
New drop-off sites:
- North Tonawanda Police Department, 216 Payne Ave.
- Middleport Police Department, 12 Main St.
- Town of Niagara Police Department, 7105 Lockport Rd.
Existing drop-off sites:
- Lewiston Police Department, 4059 Creek Rd.
- Niagara Falls Police Department, 1295 Main St.
- Niagara County Sheriff’s Office, 5526 Niagara St.