Here's something you may not know about the homeless here in WNY -- socks and gloves are often the most needed and requested items at the local shelters and yet they are among the least donated.
But the Matt Urban Hope Center and the NFTA are teaming up to try and change that. They've partnered up for the very first sock and glove drive.
Collection boxes are located at a number of places:
- The Matt Urban Center, 385 Paderewski Drive
- Transit Police, 1404 Main Street
- MTC, 181 Ellicott Street
- Buffalo Zoo, Main Gate Entrance
- BNMC Innovation Center, 640 Ellicott Street
- Transit Police Headquarters, 1404 Main Street
- Buffalo Airport Air Rescue Facility, 120 Amherst Villa Road (Cheektowaga)
The sock and glove drive runs through Valentine's Day.