On-street parking in the Elmwood Village is about to become a lot easier in the warmer months.
Newly announced parking regulations will allow parking on both sides of the street - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from April 2 to November 14. The change is expected to open up several hundred spots on streets on weekdays, freeing up supply for both residents and visitors to the area.
Alternate side parking will remain in effect for the purpose of clearing snow from November 15 to April 1.
"The updated parking pattern aims to make more parking spots available within the Elmwood Village, resulting in a positive effect for residents, visitors and business owners in the neighborhood", said City Parking Commissioner Kevin Helfer.
Below is the list of streets that will be affected by the change; the full length of each street is to be changed unless otherwise noted:
- Bidwell Parkway
- Chapin Parkway
- Auburn Avenue (Elmwood to Richmond only)
- Breckenridge Street (Elmwood to Richmond only)
- Ashland Avenue
- Norwood Avenue
- Forest Avenue (Elmwood to Richmond only)
- St. James Place
- Bird Avenue (Richmond to Windsor only)
- Potomac Avenue (Elmwood to Richmond only)
- Hodge Avenue (Elmwood to Ashland only)
- Anderson Place (Elmwood to Atlantic only)
- Dorchester Road
- Granger Place
- Claremont Avenue
- Inwood Place
- Oakland Place (Between Summer St and a point 500’ north therefrom)