The Lake Effect snowfall this week has resulted in feet of snow for some and several deaths.
Authorities have urged caution when it comes to clearing snow, and want area residents to be aware of the risk of roof collapse. Over 30 roofs have collapsed in the region, and there have been at least 90 partial roof collapses reported.
As road bans are lifted, many viewers have called our station seeking help. If you're dealing with an emergency, you should call 911.
If you need help, and it's not an emergency, here are the numbers to call in your area:
- Buffalo: 311
- Cheektowaga:For structural questions, contact the Towns Building Department at 686-3470. The Highway Dept. has contracted with several companies who will come out and dig out your driveway for $200 and up, depending on how big your driveway is. Call 686-3450 to be placed on the list.
- Eden: The town has a Driving Ban in effect until 7 a.m. Saturday, November 22. Please keep off the roads to allow crews to clean up. For all non-emergency related issues: 716-992-9211.
- Hamburg: 716-648-5111
- Lackawanna: The National Guard Humvees for transporting people for dialysis and emergency prescription pickup (emergencies only). We will try to pick up prescriptions and deliver them, not giving rides to pharmacies. Call the Lackawanna fire department with your information at 823-0211.
- Town and Village of Lancaster:(716) 683-2800
- Orchard Park: General questions related to the current state of emergency should be directed to 716-662-6444.