NASHVILLE, Tennessee — Tennessee Department of Correction officials plan to check in on registered sex offenders in the mid-state on Halloween.
Officers will visit the homes of offenders, who are under the department's supervision, on Halloween night to make sure they are following specific rules.
Each offender must follow the guidelines listed below in order to keep innocent trick or treaters off of their door step.
- Being in their homes by 6pm
- Not having any Halloween décor
- Keeping their porch light off
- Not distributing Halloween candy
- Not attending any Halloween functions
The patrols will be conducted throughout Nashville and other parts of the mid-state.
The Tennessee sex offender registry can be searched online or people can search the sex offender registry map for any threats in their community.