An outbreak of E. coli infections have been traced to contaminated flour, the CDC said on Thursday.
The flour has been pulled from the shelves, but consumers may still have contaminated flour in their pantries.
The CDC said that there have been 21 reported cases of E. coli-related illnesses due to the contaminated flour.
The CDC said that symptoms typically appear 3 to 4 days after consumption. The symptoms typically last up to a week. The symptoms include severe stomach cramps, diarrhea (often bloody) and vomiting, the CDC added.
Check your pantry for the following recalled items:
Brand Castle Mixes
- On June 21, 2019, Brand Castle, LLC, of Bedford Heights, Ohio,
several brands of cookie and brownie mix because flour used in them was potentially contaminated with E. coli. The following Brand Castle mixes, sold in 25-oz and 32-oz glass jars, were recalled:
- Brand Castle Arctic Chill Chocolate Mint Cookie Mix: UPC 6-54448-01035-2, Lot L6112618
- Brand Castle Hot Cocoa Cookie Mix: UPC 6-54448-01036-9, Lot L5111918
- Sisters Gourmet Million Dollar Cookie Mix: UPC 6-54448-00002-5, Lot L2121818
- Sisters Gourmet Billion Dollar Brownie Mix: UPC 6-54448-00017-9, Lot 31OCT2019BC8324
- In the Mix Chocolate Mint Chip Cookie Mix: UPC 6-54448-01081-9, Lot LM101518
- Brand Castle The Grinch Sugar Cookie Mix with Sprinkles: UPC 6-54448-01038-3, Lot 25JUL2019BC8324
Pillsbury Best Bread Flour
- On June 14, 2019, Hometown Food Company, a customer of ADM Milling Co., announced a
of 5-lb. bags of Pillsbury Best Bread Flour with UPC Code 0 5150020031 5 and the following lot codes and use-by dates:
- Lot Code: 8 342, Use-By Date: JUN 08 2020
- Lot Code: 8 343, Use-By Date: JUN 09 2020
King Arthur Flour
- On June 13, 2019, King Arthur Flour, Inc., a customer of ADM Milling Co., announced a
of 14,218 cases of 5-lb. bags of King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour. You can identify recalled flour by looking for the following best-used-by dates and lot codes on the bag’s side panel, below the nutrition facts box:
- Best Used By 12/07/19 , Lot: L18A07C
- Best Used By 12/08/19, Lots: L18A08A, L18A08B
- Best Used By 12/14/19, Lots: L18A14A, L18A14B, L18A14C
ALDI Baker’s Corner All Purpose flour
- On May 23, 2019, ALDI, in association with ADM Milling Co.,
recalled pdf icon[PDF – 142 KB]external icon
all 5-lb. bags of Baker’s Corner All Purpose Flour.
- Recalled flour was sold at retail locations in the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Massachussetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia.