BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Tops Friendly Markets has updated its limited-purchase item list amidst shortages due to COVID-19 and has temporarily limited their hours of operations. Tops locations will now close from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. for restocking and cleaning of stores.
As of March 17, Tops says "stores that typically open later and close earlier will maintain their existing hours of operation. This also pertains to Tops Fuel sites. These revised hours will be in effect until further notice."
In a release Tops says:
"The health and well -being of our customers and associates is our first priority. In January, our internal “Tops Crisis Management Team” started the process of preparing for the COVID-19 event that had just started. Since then, the team has taken daily action to ensure increased supply of products coming into our warehouses and stores for our customers to purchase. Additionally, they have increased the availability of disinfectants, sanitizers, and cleaning supplies for all our associates to use in their work environment to help combat the spread of germs. Store cleaning protocols were adjusted, proper sanitation procedures were reiterated and cleaning cycles were also increased. The Tops Crisis Management Team and executive management have been monitoring and meeting daily and have been responding accordingly to ensure business continuity and to limit disruption to our customers."
Effective 3/15 Tops is limiting the following to two per customer (unless otherwise indicated):
• Disinfectant Wipes
• Disinfectant Sprays
• Hand Sanitizer
• Bath Tissue, 18 roll pack or larger
• Cleansing Flushable Wipes
• Four (4) Total Gallons of Water per customer – This includes spring, distilled, purified or 3-pack gallon water
• Multipack water. This includes all brands of water.
• Commercial breads and rolls
• Big Pack Chicken
• Mega Pack 80% ground beef
• Flour- One (1) package per customer. All brands, all sizes.
• Sugar- One (1) package per customer. All brands, all sizes.