BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Starting Monday, Erie County Medical Center will increase the regulation of its facilities and health campus due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
ECMC has announced that it will not allow vendors, medical and nursing students, and volunteers on its campus for at least one week. ECMC could announce further extensions of that provision.
Additionally, meetings of over 25 people have been banned on campus. ECMC recommends holding group meetings by phone whenever possible.
ECMC has also implemented the following changes recently:
- Established protocol for Patient and Visitor Guidelines at all entry points into ECMC health campus facilities.
- No visitation permitted at Terrace View Long-Term Care facility.
- Implemented restrictions on employee work travel outside Western New York.
- Posted updated COVID-19 information, including related links to NYS DOH and CDC to ECMC Website and Intranet.
- ECMC Lab preparing for potential COVID-19 testing with New York State.
- ECMC COVID-19 Incident Command Center activated.