The summer calendar is packed this year at Canalside with options for just about everyone.
The Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation and Canalside Management Group announced Thursday the summer events and programming for 2017.
Some of the new offerings this year include:
- Canalside Boardwalk Bazaar, a signature event on Friday evenings featuring food form loval restaurants, live music, art, a ParKour class and other physical activities. Bazaar will start the season this Friday. Attendance is free.
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute's Wellness on the Water series is every Wednesday night, starting June 14 inside the VIP tent. The 10-week series will feature the world's leading doctors and professionals from Roswell Park educating attendees on health living.
- 716 Day at Canalside, July 16 will celebrate Western New York heritage.
- The Beach at Canalside will feature a new attraction with the addition of a themed Dinosaur Play Area highlighted by an 18 foot tall dinosaur.
- Canalside Kids is composed of three different weekly occurring programs called Get Moving, Discover and Create and will take place at the Beach.
- The Buffalo History Museum will offer a new History Program every Monday from noon to 4 p.m. starting June 12.
“We are absolutely thrilled that another exciting summer season is nearly upon us at Canalside,” said ECHDC Chairman Robert Gioia. “Our new management team, Canalside Management Group, has been hard at work making sure there is something for everyone, every single day so get out your shades and head on down to our beautiful waterfront.”
If you work up an appetite, The Dish is expanded this year and features a new menu and beer garden area that doubles the size of its current foot print. Construction is expected to be done in early July.
Every day at Canalside will feature something to do starting Memorial Day weekend.