Buffalo-Strong-Pride-658x90.jpg

Actions

Man shocked, suffers extensive burns while working at a high voltage substation

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 2:45 PM, May 17, 2017
and last updated 2017-05-17 14:46:06-04

A man suffered extensive burns while working at a high voltage substation Tuesday morning, according to Town of Tonawanda Police.

The man suffered an electric shock and Emergency Medical Services responded to the property at 78 Sawyer Avenue.

EMS says the man was conscious and alert after the shock, but had no recollection of what had happened. His vitals were reportedly okay, but he suffered extensive burns to his body, according to first responders.

Police say the man was there to perform routine maintenance on the substation. National Grid says this was not one of their substations.

Occupational Safety and Health Administration was at the scene and is investigating the incident.