A 56-year-old man was rescue from an early morning fire in the Village of Gowanda Wednesday.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. at 23 W. Main Street - a multiple unit apartment building.
A police officer and firefighter pulled the man from a second floor apartment and took him to Lake Shore Health Care Center in Irving with burns to 80% his body.
The apartment had extensive fire damage. The adjoining apartments were not damaged other than smoke. Some water and smoke damage on the first floor business.
Investigators ruled the fire to be accidental.
The other residents in the building are being assisted in finding alternative housing options.
|Breaking News Alerts, Live video, and your hour-by-hour forecast - download the WKBW app|
|News, forecast and Bills newsletters delivered to your e-mail inbox|