Vaccinating-WNY-658x90.jpg

Actions

Man found after fire died of smoke inhalation

Posted at 11:26 AM, Apr 06, 2017
and last updated 2017-04-06 11:26:28-04

We've learned the man whose body was found following a fire at an abandoned home in Buffalo died of smoke inhalation.

The Buffalo News reports that 56-year-old Dana Gidney's body was discovered March 23rd.  The body was found while crews were tearing down what was left of the home on Hirschbeck Street following a fire days before.

Gidney's family told The Buffalo News that he had been living in the abandoned home.