News

Actions

Man burned in Lovejoy kitchen fire

Posted: 8:21 AM, Dec 03, 2015
Updated: 2015-12-03 13:21:32Z

A man was rushed to Erie County Medical Center after suffering burns during a kitchen fire overnight Thursday.

Buffalo firefighters responded to 98 N. Ogden Street around 1:30 a.m. after a 911 call said a kitchen fire was extinguished.

An unresponsive man was found in the kitchen soon after fire crews arrived. The man was taken to ECMC by Rural Metro Medical Services to be treated for burns to his face and throat. His condition is unknown.

A fire official on scene tells 7 Eyewitness News that the homeowner was able to extinguish the fire with water before firefighters arrived. The homeowner was not hurt.

The fire is under investigation by Buffalo fire and police officials.

 

 
 

 

Stay in Touch Anywhere, Anytime with News, Weather and Video -- Download the WKBW app:

Android App

iPhone/iPad App

Or Sign Up for Our Newsletters -- Delivered to Your E-mail:

E-News, Forecast and Bills Beat Newsletters