wkbw_49278_Super7_658x90.png

Actions

Man burned attempting to light camping stove

default.png
Posted at 2:06 PM, Nov 25, 2014
and last updated 2015-11-20 14:06:52-05

A 26-year-old man suffered severe burns while attempting to light a camping stove.

It happened on Skye Road Tuesday afternoon on the Tonawanda Indian Reservation. Fire officials say the man was attempting to light the three-burner stove, but it had a loose fitting and it caused a flash flame. The man was burned on his arms, chest and legs.

The area is near the Erie County/Genesee County line. Genesee County Fire responded to the scene and the deputies with the Erie County Sheriff’s Office originally responded but were called off.

The man was reportedly transported to the Newstead Fire Department, where he was flown by Mercy Flight to Erie County Medical Center.

State Police are handling the incident.