BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Chances are that you aren't thinking this is the best time to buy a home after a record-setting snow storm, but it is exactly the right time, said Britt Konczyk at MJ Peterson.
"There are less buyers out there. When someone is putting their house up in the winter, they are usually more motivated to sell," added Konczyk.
Getting your dream house can still take some negotiations, but having a smart price plan ready to go can be very enticing to a seller.
According to Britt Konczyk:
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage first.
- Make sure to find out how much money you will need to bring to the table for the sale.
- Don't be afraid to offer a low bid - but use caution because going too low can get things things off to a bad start with a seller.
- Have your best offer ready to go (some properties may only give you one shot).
- Be flexible. Often sellers might want extra time to move, or wish to take appliances with them. Your flexibily could cinch a deal over others looking to get the same home.
- It is not unusual for offers and counter-offers to go back-and-forth.
- Ask your real estate agent for advice on what price to offer for a home.
- Real estate agents should be able to help you see how much interest is in a property. That can help shape your bid.