BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — For the first time since March, friends and family can visit their loved ones in the hospital starting Friday.
“Just having the family unite... that's the most successful. Getting them in here, that's the process… but just seeing that reunion, it's breathtaking,” said Pamela Giesie, VP of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer at Roswell Park.
Roswell Park was selected to be in the pilot program where they developed visitor protocols. Visitation started there back in May.
“We were very fortunate to be asked to be one of the 21 to start this pilot project originally. I'm so grateful to hear they're expanding it to other hospitals,” Giesie said.
ECMC has released its visitation guidelines.
- Upon arrival, visitors will be asked screening questions and have their temperature taken.
- A mask must be worn at all times unless eating. ECMC will provide a mask if a visitor does not have one.
- Visitors must practice social distancing and stay in patient rooms.
- Visitors must wash their hands.
- One visitor at a time, with the exception of end of life care, where two visitors are allowed.
- All visitors must be `18-years-old or older.
Visiting hours are from 3-7 p.m. for inpatient units and 4:30-6 p.m. for critical care units.
Catholic Health is planning to welcome visitors back to its hospitals on June 20.
"Current visitor restrictions will remain in effect until that time. New processes and guidelines are being finalized based on directives issued today by the New York State Department of Health (DOH), which include limited visiting hours, limits on the number of visitors at one time, required facial masking, and health screenings for all visitors. The guidelines will be in place at Kenmore Mercy Hospital, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, Mount St. Mary’s Hospital, and Sisters of Charity Hospital, Main St. Campus only. We thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we strive to keep our patients, visitors and staff safe."
7 Eyewitness News reached out to Kaleida to find out what their guidelines are, but did not hear back.