BUFFALO N.Y. (WKBW) — Buffalo Police are looking for leads after two people were shot Sunday night near Canalside.
Here's what you need to know (all according to Buffalo Police)
- 9:00 p.m. in the area of Erie Street and Marine Drive.
- 23-year-old Buffalo man died at the scene
- 22-year-old man was taken to ECMC and is listed in "serious condition."
- A vehicle fled the scene after the shooting and then crashed a short time later and the occupants fled on foot.
- A handgun was allegedly recovered near the abandoned vehicle.
- Police are reviewing all available video camera footage from the event.
- No arrests have been made.
According to Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia, the shooting took place during a high speed race that was coordinated via Facebook live.
If you have any information on the attack you can call the Buffalo Police Confidential Tipline at 716-847-2255.
Info outside the shooting:
- A Buffalo Police Substation, created in 2016 following reports of shots being fired at a July 4th event - has been empty due to COVID-19.
- Canalside / Buffalo Waterfront officials say they have "no plans" to change security detail in the area.