NewsLocal News

Actions

Two hospitalized after kitchen fire in Buffalo

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 8:04 PM, Feb 02, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-03 03:52:15-05

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Two people are in the hospital after a kitchen fire in the Kaisertown neighborhood of Buffalo.

A chief with the Buffalo Fire Department said, just after kickoff of the Super Bowl a man severely burned himself while cooking chicken wings.

The grease fire was contained to the kitchen. Another woman was taken to the hospital for difficulty breathing.

The fire happened in the top apartment of 267 Holly Avenue in Buffalo.

The fire itself was contained quickly. BFD estimates $5,000 worth of damage.