BATAVIA, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Genesee County Sheriff's Office says three people have been arrested after police found a car with multiple drugs, a loaded handgun near an infant without a seat belt, last Wednesday.
- 28-year-old Gabrielle Chaplain of Batavia
- 34-year-old Trevon Armstrong, also of Batavia
- 27-year-old Darius Jones of Attica were stopped after failing to use a turn signal, when authorities uncovered marijuana and oxycodone in the vehicle.
In addition to the drugs, officers found a loaded handgun near a 10-month-old baby, who was not properly fastened to a seat belt.
All three were charged with:
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child
- Unlawful Possession of Marijuana
While just Chaplain was charged failing to give notice, and improper or no child restraint; and just Jones was charged with exposure of a person.
Jones and Armstrong were sent to Genesee County Jail without bail, while Chaplain was sent with a $10,000 cash bail, or $20,000 bond.