BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — It's Amazon's birthday and for the fourth straight year, the department giant is celebrating with its 36 hours of deals.
Prime day deals are happening right now-- but the main event doesn't start Monday July 15th at 3am. It's not like Black Friday where you have to be the first in line to get the deals. But it's a good idea to check out the schedule of deals in the morning-- Amazon does have a lighting deal list to show what products will be on sale when.
Amazon says more than a million products will be on sale for two days.
Here are some things to keep in mind before you start shopping:
- Become a Prime member if you would like access to the deals. If you haven't already, you could also sign up for the 30-day free trial.
- Deal experts say make a list of things you want before you start shopping
- Tech products will see the best deals: 4k HD TVs, headphones, and Amazon products like the echo and fire stick
- It's a good idea to check out the big competitors like Walmart, Target, and Best Buy because they sometimes match Amazon's deals.
- Amazon bought Whole Foods in 2017. Many grocery items will be on sale. When people send $10 at Whole Foods they will receive $10 of online credit for Prime Day