BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Erie County Department of Health is praising ten local companies who have policies which help mothers who may need to breastfeed or pump while on the job.
This comes during "World Breastfeeding Week" which runs from August 1st to August 7th.
ECDOH says the county over the last two years has made significant progress in providing resources and support to those businesses who are providing accommodations to their breastfeeding employees.
"We are proud of all our partners’ work to promote and protect breastfeeding families,” says Dr. Faye Justicia-Linde, UBMD OB/GYN, co-chair of United Way’s Healthy Start Healthy Future for All Coalition.
Justicia-Linde adds, “the workplace breastfeeding program is one of many coalition-supported initiatives coordinated in medical facilities and our community. Acting together, these services ultimately improve health and save healthcare dollars."
Here's a list of the companies considered "breastfeeding friendly":
- AffableCare Dental Location(s): Lancaster
- Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus Location(s): Buffalo
- Campus Labs Location(s): Buffalo
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Erie County Location(s): East Aurora
- Explore & More – The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Children's Museum Location(s): Buffalo
- Horizon Health Services Location(s): Buffalo (six branches), Cheektowaga, East Amherst, Getzville, Orchard Park, Tonawanda (two branches)
- Rolly Pollies Location(s): Buffalo, East Amherst, Orchard Park
- ValueCentric, an IQVIA Company Location(s): Orchard Park
- Wegmans Location(s): Amherst (two branches), Buffalo (two branches), Depew (two branches), West Seneca, Williamsville (two branches)
- YMCA- KenTon Branch Location(s): Kenmore