NewsLocal News

Actions

Teen hospitalized after eating marijuana-laced gummy candy

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 1:18 PM, Jun 05, 2019
and last updated 2019-06-05 13:30:10-04

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — A high school student in Buffalo was taken to Oishei Children's Hospital after eating a gummy candy laced with marijuana, Buffalo police said.

The student, a girl who attends PS 197 Math Science Technology Prepatory School on East Delavan Avenue, was taken from the school to the hospital around noon.

Her age is not known.

A spokesperson for Buffalo Public Schools says the student's parents are with her at the hospital.