NewsLocal News

Actions

Space heater starts fire that kills an elderly man in the Town of Eden

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 10:46 AM, Dec 30, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-30 11:02:47-05

EDEN, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Town Eden Police Department and the Erie County Sheriff’s Fire Investigation Unit are looking into a fatal fire Sunday afternoon in the Town of Eden.

December 29th at 3:39 p.m. the Eden Fire Department responded to a call about a two-story home at 9678 Jennings Road on fire.
By the time crews arrived the fire had already spread upwards and was venting through an upper bedroom window.

After putting the fire out, crews found 80-year-old Ronald H. Jagow in his bedroom deceased.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a space heater.