NewsLocal News


Six people displaced after early morning fire near Buffalo Museum of Science

Northampton Street Fire
Posted at 5:39 AM, Jan 28, 2021
and last updated 2021-01-28 05:55:17-05

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Six people have been displaced after a fire ripped through their home early Thursday morning.

The Buffalo Fire Department tells 7 Eyewitness News the fire broke out around 4:30 a.m. in the first floor of a three-unit house on the 900 block of Northampton Street, just a few blocks from the Buffalo Museum of Science.

The flames quickly spread through the house, all the way up to the attic. It did $100,000 in damage to the structure and $60,000 in damage to the contents in the house.

Three adults and three children were able to get out safely. The fire department tells 7 Eyewitness News one cat died.