BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Shea's Performing Arts Center will resume its M&T Bank Broadway Series this December with the musical 'Tootsie,' while the blockbuster 'Hamilton' will delay its return trip to the Buffalo stage by almost a year.
Those are the headlines from the updated schedule released by Shea's Tuesday afternoon. The Downtown Buffalo theatre has been dark since mid-March, when New York state shut down all entertainment venues due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Shea's will reopen by combining its 2019-2020 Broadway series with its 2020-2021 lineup.
Here is the updated schedule as of today:
- Tootsie: December 1-6, 2020
- To Kill a Mockingbird: January 30-February 5, 2021
- Oklahoma!: February 23-28
- Anastasia: March 9-14, 2021
- My Fair Lady: March 23-28, 2021
- Escape to Margaritaville: April 20-25, 2021
- Ain't Too Proud: May 11-16, 2021
- Disney's Frozen: June 2021
- The Band's Visit: August 10-15, 2021
- Hamilton: December 14, 2021-January 2, 2022
'Pretty Woman: The Musical' is also being rescheduled, although new performance dates have not yet been announced.
In addition, 'Riverdance' has been rescheduled for March 19-21, 2021.
Shea's will inform patrons of all COVID prevention and social etiquette procedures prior to its reopening.