AKRON, N.Y. — The Red Cross is assisting two adults following a house fire in Akron Sunday.
Amherst Fire Control says a fire began in the chimney and extended into the structure at 8032 Kathryn Drive around 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
Upon arrival the fire was showing through the roof and consuming the side of the house, officials say quick work by the arriving crews had the fire under control within 20 minutes.
No injuries were reported, the residents evacuated prior to the arrival of crews, although those two adults are being assisted by the Red Cross.
Officials estimate total damage to the structure and contents to be $75,000.
Akron, Newstead, Clarence, and Clarewnce Center Fire Departments responded to the call.