NewsLocal News

Actions

Parents accused of hosting booze-fueled parties for minors in court

Posted: 8:05 PM, Jan 08, 2019
Updated: 2019-01-09 13:32:54Z
0108 STILL LEWISTON.jpg

The parents accused of hosting booze-fueled parties at their Lewiston home for teenagers appeared in court Tuesday.

The court appearance was postponed until later in February.

Last month, 7 Eyewitness News told you about the Lewiston family, a mother and step-father accused of hosting parties and providing liquor, controlled substances and marijuana to teenagers between the ages of 15 and 17.

Tricia Vacanti, 47, and her husband, Gary Sullo, 53, have been charged for allegedly supplying alcohol to minors during at least six booze-fueled occasions at that same home over the past year and a half .

A tip by a mandated reporter at an area school led New York State Police to Vacanti, Sullo and their 17-year-old son.

The 17-year-old boy, who 7 Eyewitness News is not naming because he is a minor, is charged with first degree rape, third degree rape and sexual abuse involving multiple 15- and 16-year-old girls.

A source close to the victims tells 7 Eyewitness News that "multiple" alleged sex abuse incidents took place inside the home.

A civil lawsuit has been filed by a "Jane Doe" who claims she was sexually assaulted in November 2017 at the home on Mountainview Drive in Lewiston.

The suit says both Vacanti and Sullo had knowledge their son had done this before to other teen girls before the November sex assault, and the parents continued to host parties, promoting illegal and sexual activity. It claims Jane Doe was an invited guest to the home and was 15 at the time of the sex assault.

The Jane Doe is requesting a trial by jury.