CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WKBW) — Firefighters were called to put out a fire early Friday morning inside the IHOP on Thruway Plaza Drive.
They responded to the scene shortly before midnight. Firefighters said a griddle was apparently left on in the kitchen, sparking the fire. They said the restaurant's fire suppression system did more damage than the fire itself. No one was hurt.
The monetary amount of damage the fire caused was not immediately clear.
The fire shut down Walden Avenue between Harlem Road and Galleria Drive for a portion of the overnight hours.