(WKBW) — You can now see how much everyone who worked for New York State's executive, legislative or judicial branches made in 2018.
Non-profit, non-partisan think tank The Empire Center, based in Albany, compiled the complete 2018 New York state government payroll, which you can view here.
Some of the highlights:
- The highest-paid employee on the state payroll was Dr. Gary Green, a Clinical Associate Professor of Health Science at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse. His pay totaled $752,827.
- A total of 3,793 state employees, including 2,559 executive branch workers, were paid more than Governor Andrew Cuomo’s $179,000 salary.
- Governor Cuomo isn't even the highest-paid person with the last name Cuomo working for the state of New York. State Police senior investigator Michael Cuomo (relation to the governor unknown) made $179,379.
- Included in the 100 highest-paid state employees are four SUNY coaches, including two from UB. Men's basketball coach Nathanael Oats was paid $664,396 (#4) and football coach Lance Leipold was paid $472,247 (#41). Women's basketball coach Felisha Legette-Jack was paid $300,493.
- All but one of the 100 highest-paid state government employees worked for either the State University of New York (SUNY) or the City University of New York (CUNY).
In addition to their salaries, all 297,437 employees on the list receive full benefits plus a pension.