GREAT VALLEY, N.Y. (WKBW) — Sheriff's deputies in Cattaraugus County say an Olean woman has been charged with numerous crimes, after leading police on a vehicle pursuit Thursday morning.
Authorities say 23-year-old Ashley McElroy was allegedly driving a stolen vehicle south on Route 219 in Great Valley, when deputies attempted to perform a traffic stop just before 1:30 a.m.
According to police, that's when McElroy fled the scene eventually stopping at Route 417 in Great Valley after police in Salamanca deployed spike strips on the road.
McElroy has been charged with the following
- Driving while intoxicated
- Grand larceny in the fourth degree
- Criminal possession of stolen property
- Reckless driving
- Unlawful fleeing of a police officer
- Unlicensed operator
- And numerous other vehicle and traffic violations
McElroy was released on an appearance ticket and is scheduled to appear in Town of Great Valley Court at a later date.