NewsLocal News

Actions

Officials investigating apparent threat made against Niagara Falls High School

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 11:28 AM, Dec 19, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-19 11:28:07-05

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WKBW) — Niagara Falls School District Superintendent Mark Laurrie says officials are investigating an apparent threat that was made to shoot up the school Wednesday.

Laurrie says Wednesday afternoon two notes were found, both threatening to shoot up the school, the not referenced Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Later on a third note was found in the same area and all three notes had the same handwriting, according to Laurrie.

Officials instantly got police involved, began interviewing students, and a robocall was sent to all parents to inform them what happened.

Laurrie says the investigation continues and today they have four school resource officers inside instead of two as well as three police cars outside.

A bag check was conducted Thursday morning and no weapons were found.

Laurrie says they will continue to do random locker checks, but so far nothing has been found.

They will continue the increased presence throughout Thursday and Friday.

Laurrie says officials believe they have identified the person involved as of just before 11 a.m. Thursday and they are meeting with the principal and the parents.

Friday is the last day of classes for students before the holidays.