NIAGARA COUNTY, N.Y. (WKBW) — Leaders in Niagara County are holding several mask and hand sanitizer giveaways all throughout the county beginning on Monday.
"Our events last spring and summer were hugely successful in providing masks and hand sanitizer to the public, and with our Emergency Services Department able to secure fresh supplies, we wanted to once again make them available," said Niagara County Legislator Dave Godfrey, Chairman of the Community Safety and Security Committee. "This time, we decided to hold multiple events in a week and include some new locations to reach people who may not have been able to take advantage of previous giveaways."
Here's where and when you can get free masks and hand sanitizer throughout Niagara County
Monday, November 16th
- Barker Fire Department, 1660 Quaker Road, Barker from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Middleport Fire Department, 28 Main Street, Middleport 1 to 3 p.m.
Tuesday, November 17th
- Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Ransomville Fire Department, 2521 Youngstown-Lockport Road, Ransomville from 1 to 3 p.m.
Thursday, November 19th
- Newfane Town Hall, 2737 Main Street, Newfane from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Public Safety Training Facility, 5574 Niagara Street Ext., Lockport from 1 to 3 p.m.
"Our Emergency Services staff is readying the bags of supplies for these events and each bag will contain five cloth masks and four mini bottles of hand sanitizer," said Jonathan Schultz, Director of Emergency Services. "No preregistration is required and to ensure that we reach as many residents as possible, there will be a one bag per car limit."