WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. (WKBW) — As businesses begin to reopen once again in Western New York, one of our summer favorites is making a return as well.
Nothing says summer in Western New York quite like a farmers market.
On Wednesday, we told you how the Elmwood Village Farmers Market is looking for help, by calling for volunteers before it returns next Saturday.
It's not the only farmers market returning to Western New York this summer.
Local farmers could get some help as the Williamsville Farmers Market is set to open next week with plans to abide by proper social distancing guidelines.
Signs will be hung up all over the farmers market that will be held in the parking lot of Island Park just off Main Street in Williamsville.
Some small changes have been made so the market can run on June 6th between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m., with some limitations coming to vendors.
"We have to stay away from things like makeup shops, even if it's homemade they can't come," said Ellie Grenauer of the Williamsville Farmers Market. "The only things that can be offered at this time are food, hand sanitizer, and soap."
It's something that vendors say they won't mind as the business desperately needed.
"This will be really, really valuable to them to just start making money again," Grenauer said.
The hope is the market will be able to stay open when Western New York eventually enters phases two, three, and four.
Here are some of the other farmers markets you can attend in Western New York this summer
Alden Farmers Market: 13119 Broadway, Alden
- The farmers market will begin on June 6th and run every Saturday through August 29th between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Clarence Hollow Farmers Market: 10717 Main Street, Clarence
- The farmers market will begin on June 6th and run every Saturday through October 31st between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Clinton-Bailey Farmers and Flea Market: 1443 Clinton Street, Buffalo
- The farmers market is open daily through November 1st between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Colden Community Farmers Market: 8475 Supervisor Avenue, Colden
- The farmers market will begin on June 6th and run every Saturday through September 12th between 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
East Aurora Farmers Market: 123 Grey Street, East Aurora
- The farmers market runs every Wednesday and Saturday through November 25th between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Fredonia Farmers Market: 9 Church Street, Fredonia
- The farmers market runs every Saturday through October 31st between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Hamburg Farmers Market: 30 Buffalo Street, Hamburg
- The farmers market will run every Saturday starting June 6th through October 31st between 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Lewiston Artisans Farmers Market: Academy Park, Portage Road, Lewiston
- The farmers market will run every Saturday starting June 6th through October 10th between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Lockport Community Market: 140 South Street, Lockport
- The farmers market is available for online ordering, and will open their market on June 27th and every Saturday throughout the summer between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
North Tonawanda Farmers Market: 310 Robinson Road, North Tonawanda
- The farmers market will run every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday through October 31st between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.
South Buffalo Farmers Market: Cazenovia Park, Buffalo
- The farmers market will run every Sunday starting June 7th through September 27th between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.