BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Everyone else forgets how to drive in snow during the first winter storm and these tips certainly don't apply to you. That sentence contained a tiny bit of sarcasm, every driver could use a quick reminder of these tips.
Both the New York State Police and AAA of Western New York agree, these are some good, easy tricks, for a safe winter on the road.
- Ensure tires are properly inflated
- Always have a full tank of gas
- Pack kitty litter/salt in your trunk
- Make a "go" bag full of essentials including warm clothes, non-perishable foods, flashlights, etc.
- Drive slow
- Have a cell phone charger