BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — KeyBank is expected to close eight locations within Western New York, but will be consolidating some branches within close proximity to another.
The branches set to close include:
- Sheridan-Harlem Branch located at 4020 Sheridan Drive in Amherst will consolidate into the Northtown Branch located at 3171 Sheridan Drive in Amherst, 1.8 miles away.
- Appletree Mall Branch located at 2929 Union Road in Cheektowaga will consolidate into the Walden Avenue Branch located at 1675 Walden Avenue in Cheektowaga, 2.3 miles away.
- North Buffalo Branch located at 2141 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo will consolidate into the Kenmore Branch located at 2858 Delaware Avenue in Kenmore, 0.9 miles away.
- South Campus Branch located at 3586 Main Street in Amherst will consolidate into the Bailey-Amherst Branch located at 3134 Bailey Avenue in Buffalo, 1.4 miles away.
- Elmwood-Utica Branch located at 529 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo will consolidate into the Stuyvesant Plaza Branch located at 274 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo, .06 miles away.
- Foote Avenue Branch located at 730 Foote Avenue in Jamestown will consolidate into the Jamestown Branch located at 417 Spring Street in Jamestown, 1.6 miles away.
- Derby Branch located at 6932 Erie Road in Derby will consolidate into Evans-Angola Branch located at 9094 Erie Road in Evans, 5.4 miles away.
- East Clinton Branch located at 1989 Clinton Street in Buffalo will consolidate into the South Buffalo Branch located at 2157 Seneca Street in Buffalo, 1.7 miles away.
"All of the consolidating branches are in close proximity to other KeyBank Branches. For example:
Our consolidating North Buffalo Branch has four full-service KeyBank Branches within 2.5 miles.
Our consolidating Sheridan-Harlem Branch has three full-service KeyBank Branches within 2.5 miles.
Our consolidating Elmwood Utica Branch has four full-service KeyBank Branches within two miles."
The closures will occur on May 21, 2021.
According to a spokesperson for KeyBank, accounts will automatically be transferred to the new location and clients can continue to use any KeyBank location they choose.
Impacted employees will be able to transfer to other locations.
"How clients interact with our branches continues to change at a rapid pace and we have seen a steady increase in client preference for digital banking. For example, transactions via online and mobile banking were two times the number of transactions completed at a branch office. Since the pandemic began, those trends have increased at an even higher rate," says the spokesperson for KeyBank in a statement.
KeyBank says investments will be made at receiving branches in Buffalo, including "cosmetic updates, adding additional work and office space, and improvements to drive thru lanes" to accommodate increased client traffic.