BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — You may be spending more time in the backyard this summer due to COVID-19. The guests that are never invited -- mosquitoes and other pests.
Karlene Gillette helps her family run Mosquito Joe. It's a yard servicing business aimed at getting rid of mosquitoes ticks and fleas.
To make sure your home stays bug-free Gillette recommends:
- Keep the yard maintained, grass and bushes cut short
- Mosquitos thrive in deep dark areas so try to minimize those spaces
- Remove any standing water that could be on tarps, kids toys, or the bottom of some plants
- Keep the gutters clean because mosquitos can bread in there
- When buying bug spray, look for the chemical called Deet. It doesn't kill mosquitos but makes it hard for them to smell us
Mosquito Joe can spray your yard one time or come every few weeks for regular appointments.