CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WKBW) — An Indiana man is facing multiple weapons charges following a commercial vehicle inspection on the New York State Thruway Monday.
New York State police say a tractor trailer operated by 28-year-old Zayne R. Coston of Gary, IN was directed into the Depew Tandem Lot at exit 49 on the I-90 around 12:30 p.m. Monday.
According to police there was probable cause to search his vehicle.
Officials say troopers discovered:
- Four semi-automatic assault rifles (one loaded)
- Four semi-automatic handguns (three of which were loaded)
- 13 high capacity magazines, three of the magazines were charged with several rounds, and various other caliber ammunition.
State police say after further investigation it was determined Coston is a convicted felon in the state of Illinois and was subsequently charged with the following:
- Five counts of criminal possession of a weapon second degree
- 17 counts of criminal possession of a weapon third degree
- One count of criminal possession of a firearm
Coston was virtually arraigned and remanded to the Erie County Holding Center in lieu of $10,000 cash bail. He is due in court December 18.