Looking to celebrate National Chicken Wing Day in Buffalo? We have a guide on the best deals, events, and Buffalo's chicken wing history!
- Buffalo Wild Wings: get free snack size wings with the purchase of any wing order. Locations: 1620 Niagara Falls Blvd, Tonawanda
- Duff's Famous Wings: chance to win 2 tickets to Buffalo Bills game vs. Cincinnati Bengals on September 22nd, and an autographed Josh Allen helmet. Locations: 3651 Sheridan Drive, Amherst, 3090 Orchard Park Drive, Buffalo, 550 Dick Road, Depew, Eastern Hills Mall, Williamsville, 8351 Niagara Falls Blvd, Niagara Falls
- Anchor Bar: Kids eat free Monday deal Location: 6635 Transit Road, Williamsville
- Doc Sullivan's: 50 cent wings. Locations: 474 Abbott Road, Buffalo
- The Original Warehouse: 20 cent wings. Locations: 4360 S Milestrip Road, Blasdell
- Seven One Six: Buy a single order, get a single order, 1/2 Priced single orders and $5 Single orders (all at different times). Locations: 7 Scott Street, Buffalo
- Buffalo Wings (Bisons) take on the Rochester Plates (Red Wings) at 7:05 p.m. at Sahlen Field
Buffalo is home to the 'buffalo' chicken wing as Teressa Bellissimo, one of the owners of the Anchor Bar, created a snack for her son and his friends tossing left over chicken wings into hot sauce and butter, thus the buffalo wing was born!
In 1977, Buffalo's mayor at the time Stan Makowski declared July 29th "National Chicken Wing Day" and it's been going 42 years strong.