NewsLocal News

Actions

Fredonia man accused of blindfolding, recording and sexually abusing 8-year-old girl

default.png
Posted at 4:17 PM, Nov 25, 2019
and last updated 2019-11-25 16:19:33-05

FREDONIA, N.Y (WKBW) — A 24-year-old Fredonia man is accused of recording and sexually abusing multiple minors.

Police say Dustin Post video-recorded at least two victims. One victim, an 8-year-old girl, told a parent that the child had been sexually abused by Post sometime during the summer of 2018. According to the United States Attorney's Office, the girl told the Child Advocacy Center that Post took her to a house, blindfolded her, and sexually abused her. The victim says Post likely video-recorded the abuse and told authorities he showed her pictures of other children and said he has video of other children engaging in similar acts.

The defendant was a family friend of the girl, the United States Attorney's Office said in a statement.

According to a criminal complaint, Post video recorded his abuse of a 12-year-old girl during this past summer and received images from an 11-year-old girl using the social media app Snapchat in 2018.

Investigators confiscated a cell phone, a laptop, and four flash drives from Post's residence. Authorities say they found multiple images and videos of suspected child pornography.

Post is charged by criminal complaint with the production of child pornography. He faces up to 30 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call Homeland Security Investigations office at 716-464-6070, or email HSIBuffaloTips@ice.dhs.gov.