NewsLocal News

Actions

Firefighter injured in Amherst house fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 1:17 AM, Aug 05, 2019
and last updated 2019-08-05 01:17:16-04

AMHERST, N.Y. (WKBW) — Snyder Fire Department arrived to the call of a kitchen fire on North Union Road in Amherst Sunday afternoon.

Officials say the fire started from unattended food on the stove. The flames extended outside the kitchen window to the second floor exterior of the home.

Snyder firefighters contained the fire to the kitchen, but the rest of the home sustained smoke and water damage. Overall damage is estimated at $160,000.

Snyder Fire Department was assisted by Williamsville Fire Company and Eggertsville Hose Company.

One person was home at the time of the fire. They were able to escape safely. One firefighter was treated for a minor injury.