NewsLocal News

Actions

Fire in fire pit spreads to house in Newstead, Red Cross assisting the family

0223 NEWSTEAD FIRE 6.jpg
Posted at 5:06 PM, Feb 23, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-23 17:54:30-05

BUFFALO, NY (WKBW) — Firefighters responded to a house fire at 12373 Main Road in Newstead just after 12 p.m. Sunday.

Crews say a controlled fire in a fire pit spread to an outside deck and then to the back of the house.

The Red Cross is helping the family that lived there find temporary shelter.

Nobody injuries were reported.

The fire caused $180,000 in damage to the structure and $85,000 in damage to the contents.